Temptation Thy Name Is...

It's all well and good to have a fitness plan for a month and know you're going to do great things. It's all well and good to have reasonable, achievable goals and be prepared to step up and make good decisions for your health.

Then a bout of pneumonia coincides with Halloween and there you have it, God's most perfect candy bowl here to torment me.

Except it's not. I'm kind of happy. I mean part of me, a smaller part than I expected, wants to consume it all with a glass of milk and some Criminal Minds binge time. But the other part of me is very eh lemme have one and I'm done.

When you've been really overweight and are truly a sugar fiend that's like having kicked a truly badass addiction. Not just kicked it, defeated it. Yeah I like chocolate, I LOVE candy. But I've got this amazing assortment of treats RIGHT HERE in my kitchen.

And I'm not terribly motivated to gorge on it.

There are some who would be really amazed by that. Mostly me I guess.

I'm gonna be well soon. I didn't realize how sick I'd let myself get and I feel stupid for that. But I'll be back to working out and doing the right things soon. Until then, I'm not gonna die if I have the occasional chockie. Or two.

No really, I'm not.

Comments