Setbacks are Better Than Death

So far earlier in October than I realized (until I reread my diary here) I had an asthma attack during my run. It was shitty and I should've gone to the ER. I'm stubborn and stupid and I hope someday that doesn't cause me to be dead and stubborn and stupid.
Almost a week ago I took a kid to the doctor and mentioned to my family doctor that I was stuck in an asthma episode I could not get out of. He wrote me scrip for prednisone, and so I kept using the inhaler and started taking that.
This combination of drugs should have made me well in about 48 to 72 hours.
It's six days later and I'm sicker.
Thus, to the doctor I went.

Hello pneumonia.

It seems like I get pneumonia once a year, these stupid lungs of mine do. I wonder if you get a lung transplant would your new lungs STILL get pneumonia? Is it in the lungs or caused by faulty messaging sent from the brain? I'd like to know. I don't really want a lung transplant, but these are the sort of things that my mind wonders while I'm inhaling magical smoke that causes my bronchial tubes to dilate and some more steroid to be absorbed from the inside.

I got a shot at the doctor and some antibiotics coming and so I'll be better even if it kind of kills my dreams for aggressively training in November.

Because I've got a plan you see. I'm proud of me I even gave it a name - NO SCALE NOVEMBER. I am not stepping on the scale in November. I'm gonna make good choices. I'm going to work out. I'm going to take care of me. And it's going to make a difference because I'm not going to count my successes based on a number on the scale.

That works - right?

Well, I think it will work.

I guess I'm gonna have to wait a few days.

Comments