And Then My Leg Stopped Working

I woke up this morning like a normal Saturday morning with twins demanding coffee, and sat up on the edge of my bed. I didn't feel odd or wrong, so I stood up took one step, then two. At that point there was a sharp stabbing pain just below my right ass cheek and my right knee buckled, sending me back to sitting.

What the fucking hell is happening.

I've spent the better part of my day in various states of numb vs. pain in this leg and I can't decide what the shit is happening, honestly.

I set goals for the month of May that aren't lofty. I want to put in at least 2 miles a day doing intervals. I'd like to be working up to NOT doing intervals but it seems like at the amount of weight I'm pulling that's not changing any time soon.

Ever feel like giving up?

That's me right now except I'm not. I FEEL like it but I'm not. I don't really know why. Maybe it's because I hate this feeling of failure and suckage that's pressing down on me. Maybe it's because I want to be able to participate in the same events my FRIENDS do and so I'm yes MOM "jumping off a roof because everyone else does".

But this roof leads me down a path to a healthier life, and a better life STYLE.

The knee has stopped buckling so much but the pain/ache/whatever is still there. The leg feels weak and weird. In the world of my arthritis pains, I learned that swelling causes pressure on the nerves in your quads which causes them to fail which causes your knee to get weak and then fail and the only thing that makes it stop is to MAKE THE QUAD work.

Maybe what I need to do is NOT rest and GO.

I missed ONE day of getting two miles. I really don't want to miss another. Let's see what today brings. I want to log two, at the minimum. Can I do it?

I'll let you know.

Comments