Quietly Beginning

So I took the first step to start training. I suppose this is training to train. I know what I'm gonna need to do and I know I'm not even remotely there yet, I've got to get leaner and stronger and that means....work. Lots of it. Yesterday I went to spin and I lived. 56 miles on the bike is a long damn time, and I just pedaled for an hour and probably didn't cover 1/4 of that distance if it were laid out. But I DID it.

It was hard. There's some sick balance between the hurting of sitting in the saddle and the hurting of getting up OUT of the saddle. Sometimes I just HAD TO GET UP and sometimes I just couldn't. The attack phase is SO HARD my legs would be screaming WTF SIT DOWN WHAT ARE YOU DOING but my ass would be saying WHY THANK YOU KIND LADY YES PLEASE REMAIN STANDING. The messages would reverse when I sat.

I didn't do great. Except, I stayed the whole hour and I didn't quit. I reduced gear, I slowed down, I slammed water, but I didn't quit.

Tonight, Bodypump. I'm building lean muscle and getting stronger.

I'm gonna do this thing.

Comments