Bubble Runs of Fun

Allison suggested we do a fun 5k to celebrate my birthday week and I agreed. Her idea was THE BUBBLE run. Mostly the idea was to play in the bubbles, which seemed like a pretty good idea to me too.
It was kinda ridiculous.
It was, however, also awesome fun.We walked it, playing in the bubbles but keeping a reasonable pace through out. The walking pace we kept I couldn't have done two years ago. Mostly we talked and played and laughed.
I think I needed that race, that early AM start and just the fun of it to remember that this is supposed to be fun. I have a lot of things I want to accomplish in the next year, but if they aren't fun what's the point of it anyway?
I've been sidelined the past week since this run with a sinus infection that won't go away. I feel like the weekend kind of set my brain on correctly. My lungs are heavy and I need breathing treatments. If it doesn't shove off soon I'm going to need antibiotics but I'm hopeful I can avoid that. But the big thing is, I'm ok with NOT being out there right now. I don't feel a panicked "Oh no I'm not training." Feeling. I'm not sweating the days I'm losing.

Time is passing but the road is still there and my sneakers will be there when I'm healthy.

I'm going to do a lot of really awesome stuff in the next year.

But I'm not going to get hurt or sicker doing it.

Weird how a silly run in bubbles can reset your whole mind, isn't it?

Comments