Overestimating is a Skill Too

Alright I overestimated my recovery rate on prednisone. I will NOT get miles today or tomorrow or Tuesday because that's Halloween SO.
Wednesday.
Or I might go to the gym and go to Step Class that day. Who knows?
I've been thinking a lot about this blog and what it's for and really, I think this is just me pouring out my fitness goals and stuff I'm proud of and stuff I like. My voice is wandering and so it my style and that's ok because I think this is my least polished place.

The part of me that works out is the least polished me so that makes sense, no?

I'm gonna do a thing for November, and I'm hoping it sets up habits that I can maintain. I've been thinking a LOT about goal setting, REALISTIC goal setting vs "I want to look like instagram shredded bitch" and I'm gonna set myself some baby steps into correcting some behaviors that are kind of detrimental to making solid progress.

The first event I'm naming NO SCALE NOVEMBER.

I'm gonna step on the scale on Oct 31 and then not again until Dec 1. My goal here is to measure my progress by making good eating choices and working out 5 days a week. That's it. I'm not gonna eat stupid low calories, I'm not gonna refuse carbs. I'm just going to try to do better. I think putting that kind of focus into my training is going to help me get sharper and work harder as I progress but right now I'm kind of flailing and doing ALL THE THINGS and thus none of them very well.

So to celebrate No Scale November I just had some ice cream.

Fuck off, it's not November yet.

Comments