Demo Run with On

Our run club got to demo shoes tonight from a company I'd never even heard of ON but they seem to make some pretty nice running shoes, both for the trail loving folks ad people like me who want pavement.

My friend from work Alex and I both tried out a pair, I was wearing Cloudflow and honestly I'm not sure WHICH ones he was wearing. I normally run in a pair of Hokas because I have bad knees and I'm carrying a lot of extra weight and NEED the cushion. He normally runs in shitty shoes. :) It's true. Neither of us are petite flowers so these shoes were a good test of how these shoes perform for us heavier folks.
My initial thoughts on them were that they were really light.  We only ran in them a little because my asthma isn't perfectly controlled and I'm not trying to poke that beast. Alex thought that they were really comfortable.

We did the usual 2.2 and after that my only criticism was that for me I'd go a half size up, the toe box was cramped after a while especially downhill and my toes were getting numb. Alex, however, was wearing a half size down from his normal and thought they were pretty comfy actually.

Just goes to show you, you need to try on shoes.

My real issue was when I went to put on my Hokas after run club and realized my left foot REALLY hurt especially on my Achilles tendon.

Oh. Definitely a half size up. Definitely.

They were very light, my Hokas took some getting used to after I took them off. I don't have any noticeable joint pain or issues so I do think their cushioning was pretty good.

I really like getting to demo shoes. It's such a difference vs. just walking around the shoe store in them.

I give these a B. I liked them except I needed a size up.

Comments